THAMES & KOSMOS HAPPY ATOMS COMPLETE SET
- For ages: 10-17 years old
- Includes the free happy Atoms app (free download), scanning mat/periodic table poster, and quick start manual
- Experiment on your own by snapping together atoms to form molecules, or follow detailed step-by-step instructions for 150 molecules, a total of 226 activities
- The 16 elements represented in this kit are the most common and important atoms for a student to learn about when they are building the groundwork for their study of chemistry
- Complete Set comes with 50 atom models that represent 16 different elements: 14 Hydrogen atoms, 1 Helium atom, 2 Lithium atoms, 2 Beryllium atoms, 6 Carbon atoms, 3 Nitrogen atoms, 6 Oxygen atoms, 2 Fluorine atoms, 1 Neon atom, 2 Sodium atoms, 2 Magnesium atoms, 2 Silicon atoms, 2 Phosphorus atoms, 2 Sulfur atoms, 2 Chlorine atoms, and 1 Argon atom
1 in stock
With this revolutionary approach to teaching chemistry, you can make your own happy atoms! This physical and digital system lets you discover the world of molecules in an intuitive, hands-on way.
Using a set of 50 atom models representing 16 different elements, you can assemble your own molecular models. The atoms connect easily with magnets: metal tips on the ends of rubbery arms, which represent free electrons, snap onto magnetic bonding sites on the atom spheres, which represent empty spots for electrons in the atom’s outermost electron shell. With the Happy Atoms Complete Set, you can snap together thousands of different molecules.
With the Happy Atoms app and the camera on your tablet or smartphone running iOS or Android, you can scan molecules you build. The app then uses state-of-the-art image recognition technology to identify the molecules. After a molecule is discovered, the app presents information about it, including its composition, usage, properties, hazards, formula, and structure. The app can recognize up to 10,000 molecules. It presents in-depth information about 150 molecules and general information about the rest.
Write a Review
There are no reviews yet.