Molnlycke Mepitac Soft Silicone Tape is a secure and gentle fixation tape with Safetac technology.
Made of a soft silicone contact layer, a breathable polyurethane film and knitted fabric. Silicone being inert, does not interact chemically with the wound. It does not cause any effect upon the cells responsible for the healing process.
- Waterproof tape
- Soft and comfortable
- Can be used for several days
- Lower risks of skin irritation and allergy
- Leaves no residue on the skin at removal
- Well suited for use under compression bandage
- Soft silicone layer does not penetrate the skin or scar
- Minimizes pain and skin damage during dressing changes
- Flows over the uneven surface to create a large effective contact area over the surface, skin or scar
Safetac technology layer:
*Reduces pain and trauma upon removal
*Leaves no residue upon removal
Polyurethane backing film:
*Impermeable to liquids and microorganisms
*Easy to cut
*For neonates, wound, ostomy and dialysis applications
*Suitable for repeated application and removal of tape over the same area
*For fixation of medical devices such as wound dressings, probes, tubes, and drains
*Ideal for allergies, sensitive or fragile skin and skin conditions like eczema dermatitis
HOW TO USE
- Ensure skin is clean and dry and free from any topical preparations.
- Cut a piece of required length from the Mepitac Silicone Tape roll.
- Remove the protective release film before the fabric is gently pressed into position.
- Apply Mepitac without stretching.
- If inspection or repositioning is required, lift and reapply.
- Mepitac can hold medical devices in close proximity to the skin by taping it down onto the body surface.
- Alternatively, the device can be encircled with a piece of Mepitac, the ends of which are then attached to the skin.
*The adhesion of Mepitac Tape may decrease when used in a humid condition such as incubators
*Adhesion may also decrease when used on patients who have fever or perspire a lot
*Mepitac Silicone Tape is not intended for fixation of life supporting devices
*Not for use on arterial catheters or cannulae