55% of communication is visual. Traditional masks block faces and prevent our ability to see facial expressions and emotions, catch visual cues, and communicate.
When traditional masks are worn, miscommunication may increase with people who heavily rely on visual communication, such as deaf and hard of hearing individuals, children, and older adults. For many, missing critical visual cues can be the difference between complete understanding and a preventable ER visit.
Facial expressions are important for perceived empathy and building rapport, which can reduce confusion and improve relationships. A ClearMask transparent mask provides natural, empathetic communication and eliminates barriers caused by traditional masks.
|Fluid Resistance||ASTM F1862 / Resistant at 160 mmHg|
|Flammability||16 CFR 1610 / Flame Spread = Class 1|
|Bacterial Filtration Efficiency||ASTM F2101|
|Particulate Filtration Efficiency||ASTM F2299|
|Product Net Weight||0.02 lbs (0.35 oz or 9.95 g)|
CAN BE USED BY:
- People who are deaf or hard of hearing
- Young children or students learning to read
- Students learning a new language
- People with disabilities
- People who need to see the proper shape of the mouth for making appropriate vowel sounds
- Clear full face view
- Anti-fog plastic barrier
- Non-sterile and single-use only
- Designed to block the transfer of aerosols, fluids, and sprays
- Meets the applicable standards for fluid resistance (ASTM F1862: 160 mmHg) and flammability