The 3M™ Particulate Respirator 8247 is a disposable particulate respirator designed to help provide reliable respiratory protection against certain oil and non-oil based particles. A carbon layer helps reduce exposure to nuisance levels of organic vapours such as solvents, degreasers, and resins.
The Cool Flow valve’s efficiency in keeping breathing cool and comfortable has been demonstrated through testing*: the atmosphere inside a respirator with a Cool Flow valve is on average 7.5°F (-13.6°C) cooler than the similar product without the valve.
WARNING: These respirators help reduce exposures to certain airborne particulates. Before use, the wearer must read and understand the User Instructions provided as a part of the product packaging. A written respiratory protection program must be implemented meeting the requirements of your jurisdiction and/or CSA Z94.4 respiratory standard. Misuse may result in sickness or death. For proper use, see package instructions, supervisor, or call 3M PSD Technical Service in Canada at 1-800-267-4414 and in USA at 1-800-243-4630.
- 3M™ Cool Flow™ Exhalation Valve helps reduce heat build-up inside the respirator
- NIOSH-approved for filtration against certain oil and non-oil based particles
- Advanced Electrostatic Media is designed for ease of breathing
- Braided headbands and soft inner material provide comfort
- Foundry operations, lab settings, agriculture, petrochemical manufacturing, and undercoating where particles and nuisance levels of organic vapours may be present
- Industries in which this respirator is commonly used include construction, general manufacturing, mining, oil and gas, and transportation
- Agricultural Production, Aluminum Smelting, Brewing Operations, Dry Chemical Handling, Paper Processing, Pharmaceutical Manufacturing
|Aerosol Type||Oil and Non-Oil|
|Braided Comfort Strap||Yes|
|Cartridge or Filter Rating||R95|
|Gas & Vapour Protection Type||Particulate|
|NIOSH Filter Approval Rating||R95|
|Nuisance Odour Relief (< OSHA PEL)||Organic Vapour|
|Protection Level||APF = 10|
|Shelf Life||5 yr|