The 3M Particulate Respirator 8577 is a disposable particulate respirator designed to help provide reliable respiratory protection against certain oil and non-oil based particles. A carbon layer helps reduce exposure to nuisance levels of organic vapours such as solvents, degreasers, and resins.
Braided headbands and an M Nose clip adjust easily for fewer pressure points and greater comfort. This respirator incorporates 3M’s proprietary technology with advanced electrostatically charged microfibre filter media designed for ease of breathing. This respirator is compatible with a variety of protective eyewear and hearing protection. Fitted with a 3M Cool Flow Exhalation Valve, this respirator is ideally suited for work situations involving heat, humidity, or long periods of wear.
The proprietary valve is designed to release hot, humid exhaled breath quickly, helping to prevent an unpleasant build up of heat inside the facepiece – a significant cause of discomfort to respirator wearers.
The Cool Flow valve’s efficiency in keeping breathing cool and comfortable has been demonstrated through testing*: the atmosphere inside a respirator with a Cool Flow valve is on average 7.5°F (-13.6°C) cooler than the similar product without the valve. This makes 3M Cool Flow Exhalation Valve respirators ideal for long periods of wear, especially where conditions are hot, humid or physically demanding.
- NIOSH-approved for filtration against certain oil and non-oil based particles
- 3M Cool Flow Exhalation Valve helps reduce heat build-up inside the respirator
- Braided headbands and soft inner material provide comfort
- Advanced Electrostatic Media is designed for ease of breathing
- OV Reduction
- P-Series Filter
- Glass etching, chemical processing, paper processing, aluminum smelting, and brewing operations in which particles and nuisance levels of acid gases such as sulphur dioxide, hydrogen fluoride, and/or chlorine may be present
- Grinding, sanding, sweeping, bagging, and other dusty/oily operations
- Assembly and Mechanical, Cleaning, Composite Finishing, Final Finish, Paint Preparation, Welding
These respirators help reduce exposures to certain airborne particulates. Before use, the wearer must read and understand the User Instructions provided as a part of the product packaging. A written respiratory protection program must be implemented meeting the requirements of your jurisdiction and/or CSA Z94.4 respiratory standard. Misuse may result in sickness or death. For proper use, see package instructions.